10.8.11

Stuntin Like My Caddy??

Mr Steve Williams. I know there are a million bloggers out there going in on this guy about what he did or didn't do. I'm just putting in my little two cents. Plus I needed a topic to write about.
Let me say this first, I am a Tiger fan. I even used to buy his games at a point in time where I considered myself a gamer. I've always liked Tigers demeanor and the way he responds to people; always saying less than necessary, like myself.
With all that being said, I do feel that Tiger shitted on his caddy. I just feel that the timing was all wrong. Tiger could have let Steve go a long ass time ago when he got exposed in that scandal. On some real shit, Williams could have quit on him a long ass time ago. Could have left Tiger alone because he didn't want to deal with all the controversy & shit but he stayed loyal, through the thick and the thin. As I reiterate, the timing was just all wrong. Why not let him ride out and let him go during the off-season? If not for Steve, then why not for the sake of continuity? A lot of shit has changed in Tigers life as of late. He's no longer number 1, he's no longer a threat, he's not married, he changed his swing and etc. Why not just let Steve hang in there like he's been doing? I guess my issue with Tiger is that he fired Williams as if he was part of the problem and not the solution.
I say all of that to say this, yes Steve used poor judgement when he was interviewed after the golfer he now works for won the tournament that Tiger was also in. Steve called it "the best win I've ever had" which takes away some of the shine from his employer Adam Scott who just beat everyone's ass. It also says that he was really bitter and there was a lot of animosity over what Tiger did and rightfully so. But you're not supposed to broadcast shit like that. Thinking it is one thing but speaking on it is another and we all know that. Its similar to Favre wanting to go back and beat Green Bay for the way they did him. We all know that's what he wanted deep down inside but for him to speak on it or admit it in such a way, would have been unsavory.
I like how Tiger took the high road though by basically saying Steve's a grown ass man and he said what he felt. Steve should have went ahead and did the same but he did not. At the end of the day, no one really gives a flying frosty fuck. They are both rich (one significantly more rich than the other) and they will both go on with their lives. So will I.

No comments: