2.8.11

Connecticut

"Connecticut, ain't too many real niggas reppin it" - @Lava330 on Twitter, Empire

Where do I begin? First and foremost, I'm from Connecticut, the 203. Its not that bad out here even though there has been 3 or 4 murders in the past 2 weeks. One of the last murders wasn't my friend but he was a friend of my peers and his girl lived two houses down from me and he got murdered on her porch 4am last Saturday. Dont be misconstrued, its real out here in CT. & RIP to the homie too.
CT is one of the richest states in America if you didn't know by now. Which also means we pay a lot of damn taxes and the cost of living is ridiculous. The closer you live to NYC and Greenwich, the more expensive it is. I live in Fairfield County which is extremely close to the city and is in the same county as Greenwich. People sleep on Connecticut though. What they dont know is you gotta be rich just to be poor here. Think about that for a second. It may explain some or a lot of the shit that goes on around here.
I was born in Bridgeport but spent most of my teenage years in Stratford once my mother passed. We'll get into that some other time. But the bottomline is that I been struggling, trying to make something out of nothing. I've been seeing progress as of late but nothing too significant quite frankly. So now I'm trying to make something happen in the very near future. I'm almost 25 so the way I see it, I'm running out of time and there is a serious sense of urgency for me.
What I want to do is bring or help bring the true essence of Hip-Hop back and honestly, it can be found in here in Connecticut. As far as Hip-Hop goes, CT always got slept on. Its part of the tri-state but it dont always seem like it. NY is the Mecca of Hip-Hop and we all know that. Jersey has shined for a while, a lot of great talent has came out of there. But what about CT? There's a lot of fucking talent out here and I'm not just speaking about myself but once again, we get slept on and overlooked. Thats why most people pursuing music move to NY or the ATL because the exposure in those two places are bonkers. Quite frankly, I'd rather stay in CT and help bring it to the forefront.
That's why I go hard with my team. Shoutout to Q.K. & Empire. That's who took me in and put me on when I came to Strat-City. They was already ill and they brought me among them and with their influence, I created my own style and approach to my music while keeping the same brand of nice that they started with.
I like to network because its important and its useful so I associate with a lot of other artists and groups in CT like Royalty Records, Next Best Thing ENT, KoldWorld ENT, Connecticut Crime Family (CCF), C4 Productions and alot of others so if I didn't mention you or your team, dont get all sensitive & shit. If you my peoples and you know you my peoples, that's all that should matter right?
Yeah so, I'm about to wrap this up. I think I can get used this blogging shit because the people who know me know that I dont talk a lot. But surprisingly I have a lot to say and I think this is the proper forum for that. So im off this until I find another topic worthy of me writing about.

Dont forget to check me out on Twitter @Flamezbond as well as @Lava330. You wont regret it.


No comments: